A low carb/Keto Christmas, does that fill you with joy or dread? We've found it can be one of the most difficult times of the year to stick to a Keto way of eating.
The good news is whether you are slaving away in the kitchen or lucky enough to simply turn up and enjoy the meal there are some easy swaps to make Christmas dinner low carb and fantastic twists on old favourites.
Here's the first.
Potatoes for celeriac
Celeriac is a great low carb alternative to potatoes. With less than 1/4 of the carbs: 5.8g/100g serving vs. 20.1g/100g.*
Roasted Celeriac (serves 5)
- 500g celeriac, trimmed, peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- Some sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan)
- Place the diced celeriac in a roasting pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add in the rosemary and garlic and cook gently until fragrant, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the butter over the waiting celeriac.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garnish with the sprigs of rosemary.
Macros (Per Serving)
Calories 113 | Total Fat 8g | Saturated Fat 4.9g | Carbohydrates 9.7g | Fibre 1.8g | Protein 1.7g
*nutritional values source verywellfit.com
More recipes coming soon.